Saturday, November 19, 2016

Season 3 Episode 16 "Li'l Sebastian"


I have to say this episode was a hard one for the Parks and Rec crew. Leslie announces that Li’l Sebastian, Pawnees beloved miniature horse, has died. The Parks department become in charge of planning a memorial service for him, that is open to the whole community.

In this same time Leslie and Ben are still keeping their relationship a secret, but having difficulties remaining simply “friends” at work. The secret didn’t last for long, as Ron found out and warned the two that if their boss finds out he will fire Leslie and Ben.

Now in this point of the series Tom is trying to start his own business and get away from the Parks department. So, he decides to partner with his friend Jean-Ralphio, in a business called entertainment 720. I understand how annoying Tom could be, and all that swagger that he acts like he has, but his friend Jean-Ralphio is a whole other level of annoying.


He’s obnoxious, loud, and doesn’t know the meaning of personal space. Therefore, I don’t like him at all and everyone time he comes on the show I roll my eyes. This makes me realize why I’m not that much of a social person; to avoid interacting with crazy people.

So, going back to Leslie and Ben they kept everything a secret until a little make out incident in front of a maintenance worker named George. These two just couldn’t help themselves you know, and they before the memorial service. Bribing George with a gift certificate, Leslie and Ben are relieved to have their secret kept safe. However, George was in charge of the propane for the memorial service and since he left, everyone is running around looking for propane.

Ultimately, clumsy Jerry ends up getting lighter fluid instead, which causes a huge fireball to erupt when Ron lights the eternal flame for Li’l Sebastian.

Now, Ron is someone that uses his hair and mustache to portray is masculine aura. However, the flames synched off his eyebrows, part of his mustache and hair which kind of destructed that aura. This causes Leslie and Ben to feel guilty, and they agree to stop secretly displaying affection at work.

So Ben and Leslie are getting pretty serious, and are starting to really like each other. At this point I'm thinking, "finally they're starting to become more serious," it doesn’t matter if they’re hiding their relationship at work I’m still on board.

This happiness didn’t last for much longer, when I saw that Leslie was approached by scouts looking for potential candidates to run for office. The scouts believe Leslie would make a great candidate for city council and possibly mayor. So they ask her if she has any secret scandals in her life, and as Leslie glances over at Ben through the window she says no.

That kind of hurt my heart a bit, I mean I want the best for Leslie of course she’s my girl, but I really want her and Ben to stay together. I can’t imagine anyone more perfect for each other than these two crazy love birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment