Friday, November 18, 2016

Season 3 Episode 13 "The Fight"

Before I became enthralled with Parks and Rec, I had been a huge fan of 30 Rock. I was Liz Lemon and she was me. Both of us preferring food over men, and not caring if we acted weird in public. Seeing myself develop this relationship with Tina Fey, as her character Liz Lemon, made me want to explore her good friend Amy Poehler’s show Parks and Rec. Then suddenly, it was a commitment I couldn’t escape. The characters were all amazing but it was Leslie, Ann, and Ben, just to name few, that I developed close relationships with. However, I wanted to grab an episode that portrayed everyone's hilarious and unique quality.

Which is why for my first blog post I chose to start in Season 3 episode 13 titled, “The Fight." In this episode of Parks and Rec, Tom Haverford invites the staff to the nightclub called the Snakehole, in order to debut his new drink called “snake juice.” Ann and Leslie are really close friends, and their friendship makes me feel warm inside, however in this episode there was an argument between the two.

Cut to the Snakehole, we find everyone from the Parks department there, Leslie, Ron, Donna, April, Jerry, Tom, and Andy. Ann begins dating multiple men, her latest beau being the local radio host “The Douche,” who is an obnoxious radio personality, which causes her not to spend as much time with Leslie as before. After finding Ann at the club, Leslie becomes a little upset thinking Ann doesn’t care to work with Leslie.


They then both become completely wasted and start arguing with each other, causing Leslie to judge Ann’s dating lifestyle and Ann to judge Leslie for moving slow in pursuing her feelings for the new accountant, Ben.

To see them argue, actually made me laugh rather than sad because they were both super drunk and kept speaking gibberish to each other at times. I know that I’ve had friends who have been really drunk that get very emotional, which results in them either yelling or crying.

In this episode, I saw all my favorite characters completely hammered which made me forget that they were fictional. Their vulnerability, and obnoxiousness in this moment made me feel more close to the characters, which is why I really enjoyed this episode and made me love this show even more and want to join them in their crazy journey they have together.

No comments:

Post a Comment