Saturday, November 19, 2016

Season 3 Episode 14 "Road Trip"





So thankfully, in the previous episode Ann and Leslie reconciled and Ann ended up getting a part-time job in the Parks and Rec department. In this episode, Leslie and Ben are alone with each other when they have to drive on work trip to Indianapolis.

This trip is hard for Leslie and Ben because although they both have strong feelings towards each other, they cannot get involved as they are co-workers. Now, Leslie has had her fair share of men in the past, but I was really rooting for her relationship with Ben to work out. I just loved their story, I mean at first Leslie did not like Ben and actually called him a jerk a few times for wanting to cut the Parks budget so much. However, surely enough they both started to develop feelings towards each other which I found romantic as cheesy as it sounds.


Somehow the way they met and the fact that they didn’t get off on the wrong foot, made me question my personal life. What if someone I hated in the past, turned out to be the person I was supposed to be with?


I began to think about how we try to find someone who shares our similar interests, but what if the best person to find is the one who challenges us.

This episode only gets juicier when Ben delivers a speech talking about how great Pawnee is, and implicitly indicates his feelings for Leslie in that same speech. Ben, then invites Leslie to dinner later on to which Leslie reluctantly agrees. Now I say reluctant, only because Leslie is trying to hide her feelings from Ben so they could still keep their jobs. However, she gives in and admits to Ben that she also has feelings for him.

Of course, when you admit to someone that you like them, who else do you call other than your best friend? So, Leslie calls Ann to tell her the news, and Ann tells Leslie to act upon her feelings. Listening to her best friend, Leslie goes back to Ben to do so only to find Chris there to congratulate the two; talk about a ball buster.

When this happened I just became so frustrated. They were so close to actually turning their feelings into something more when all of sudden they get interrupted. I was kind of mad at Chris, I mean he’s a really sweet and kind character, but does he not understand personal space my god. Chris is just that one friend who is always positive, and always smiles even when he is actually upset.

However, the next day Ben and Leslie find themselves alone in the office and Ben immediately kisses Leslie. Before that I was like oh my god someone stop talking, or someone kiss someone or else I’ll throw my phone to the wall.


So, overall this episode gave me the jitters and got me really excited knowing that Ben and Leslie finally admitted their feelings for each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment