Sunday, December 18, 2016

Season 4 Episode 4 "Pawnee Rangers"

In this episode we accompany Leslie and Ron in the wilderness where each of them have their scout groups; Ron's Pawnee Rangers and Leslie's Pawnee Goddesses. In Leslie's group they have different activities such as archery, puppet making, and team building exercises. Where in Ron's group they literally sit out in the wilderness and listen to silence.

Personally, I think Ron is being too hard on the boys by only giving them beans from a can to eat, having them hunt for their food, and giving them large tarps to build their tents. I understand that Ron embodies masculinity and tries to instill that in the group, but they're only kids; let them have fun and don't throw them in the wild Ron, come on.


Meanwhile, Donna and Tom have their annual "Treat Yo Self Day," where they literally buy whatever they want and treat themselves to a luxurious day. I've had myself one of those days and let me tell you it is amazing to treat yo self to everything you were intimidated to buy before. Okay in all honesty it's gone on for more than a day, and happens almost every other week. But a guy's gotta eat right? I'm going to be real honest, sometimes I get too lazy to cook and am stuck in the library for almost the entire day. So if I'm starving, I'm treating myself to a big hot meal.

Anyways, Donna and Tom go on their shopping and spree and invite Ben to come along; seeing how sad his life has become since he and Leslie broke up. Now, they take Ben but all he ends up buying is white socks. I know right? Donna tells him that this day is where he can buy anything he wants. So, what does a single mid-30 year old guy buy you ask? A life size Batman costume. I know, I know nerd alert!! However, this new found confidence lasts for about 30 seconds when Ben starts to break down in tears in the costume. 

Going back to Leslie and Ron in the wilderness, Ron's Pawnee Rangers want to do more exciting activities but Ron won't seem to prevail. Meanwhile, Leslie's Goddesses are having a blast in the cabin they rented out. The Pawnee Rangers even go to Leslie to ask if they could be a part of the Pawnee Goddesses, to which she obliges but Ron is upset by.

So, Leslie being the good hearted person she is talks to Ron about it and they end up reconciling. Bringing the two scout groups together. Once again my bestie Leslie is there to save the day, which really gets to me. 




No comments:

Post a Comment